The Chuck Mahoney Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is given to honor the memory of Chuck Mahoney, a student athlete and leader, who graduated from Burgettstown High School in 1999. He was in his third year as a student athlete at Allegheny College and an office of the SAE fraternity at the time of his death in 2002.
- Must be a senior student at Burgettstown High School or Weir High School with at least a 3.3 grade point average. You will need an official high school transcript to verify your grades. You should be attending a four year college or university.
- Must be involved in community service activities. Must have documentation of any activities in which you participated.
- Must have participated in at least one sport in two of the four years of high school. Please have your coach or athletic director sign and document your participation. (Note: Cheering must be accompanied by another sport)
- Should have upstanding moral character. You need three letters of recommendation from two teachers and an outside source.
- Should have leadership skills. Please list any positions of leadership that you have held in grades 9-12. Examples would be the following: class office, student government positions, club officer, captain of your athletic teams, debate or academic games.
Please return your completed application to Mrs. Froats at Burgettstown High School or Mr. Wright at Weir High School. Alternatively, you can email a scanned completed application to us here.
Deadline for completed applications is Friday, April 24, 2020.
Each school will be given $5,000 in scholarship money to be given to one or more students who may qualify.
This scholarship is not renewable.